Following Afternoon Tea Week 2016 this month, we thought we would share our special homemade scones recipe with you to enjoy whenever you like.
Avoca Scones Recipe
- Self Raising Flour
- Generous Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 Lightly Beaten Egg
- 110g Grated Butter
- 50ml Double Cream
- 200ml Milk
- Egg to Glaze
1) Preheat oven to 170°c
2) Sift flour, salt and baking powder
3) Stir in sugar
4) Using fingertips, lightly work in butter until it resembles breadcrumbs (add fruit if required at this stage).
5) Add egg, cream and enough milk to moisten.
6) Mix until a soft dough (not too wet and do not overwork).
7) Roll out to 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
8) Cut and bake for 15 minutes.
Serve with cream and jam for the perfect afternoon treat!