Butternut Squash Soup with Chilli and Lime
This week, our chef Simon has put together one of his signature homemade soup recipes for you to try!
What you will need:
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chillies (depending on your preference)
- Juice and rind of 2 limes
- 850 ml of chicken stock
- 125g butter
- Peel the butternut squash and remove seeds. Cut into large chunks, cover with olive oil and roast in an oven tray until soft.
- Slice the garlic and chilli, and dice the onions. Sweat them off in a saucepan with the butter until soft. Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Add your roasted butternut squash and lime juice. Boil for 10 minutes, blend, season to taste and sweeten with sugar if required.
- Add a touch of cream to serve.